Date registered: Mar 2017
Vehicle: 1984 380SL
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Williams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyoureabeast View Post
Walt, when my sensors went the symptom was increased fuel economy not a high idle.

I would look at your ICM first.

Before you drop cash on a programma rebuild, open up the module and try to reflow all of the solder points on the back. You can even check all of the capacitors to see if their resistance matches the cap.

If that's too difficult, you can also send it to JamesDean from this site
Cruise Control Repair

My 2 cents.

These relays are really simple electronics and the things that go wrong are the solder joints and capacitors. James might be able to get it working much more cheaply than a new rebuild.
The ICM unit I have is a 3 year old programma rebuild. The unit that came with the car was for x<=1982 (wrong unit). I doubt programma would warranty their work after 3 years. The coolant sensor I put in is a Uro part and I still think it would be a good stroke to replace it with a proper MB part, as I have been finding Uro parts are not quality.
I too have the Uro coolant sensor and it has been working fine. There are tests you can do in the FSM that will help you narrow dowm which part is actually bad. The coolant temperature sensors was really easy to test with a multimeter.

If anything, I would doubt the quality of the programma rebuilds. I remember reading about their units going bad with w123 climate control and cruise control relays.

When I finally pull my butt out of bed, I'll see if I can source the fsm article for you.

And correction to my first reply, it was increased fuel consumption.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome