Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - 2014 E350 W212 Transmission Clicking Noises + Hard Downshift at Higher Speeds
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:02 AM
Yazovets
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 2014 E550 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
My rough downshifts are always when slowing down moderately. If I am accelerating and drop 5 to 4 then it's a fairly normal shift.

The thing is the car didn't used to do that until it reached about 80000km. The dealer of course said they couldn't reproduce the problem. My mechanic friend thinks the upcoming tranny fluid flush (due to be done at 120000km) should make things smoother. We shall see. It hasn't gotten worse - I've been driving with this symptom for a year.

According to what I have read the 7GTronic and the Plus variant can downshift up to 2 gears at once. In other words 6 to 4 or 5 to 3 are possible; it does not skip more than 2 gears though.

I recommend when you go to the dealer to demand doing a test drive with a mechanic or shop foreman in the car with you.

2014 E550 4Matic | Iridium Silver on Black | Premium & Driver Assistance Packages | 15% Tint | Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ | Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 | Weathertech Floor & Trunk Liners

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome