Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - just installed original bosch wiper refills, here`s how
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:49 AM
lrg51
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2015
Vehicle: 1988 560SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
in my 88 560sl with the original stainless steel wipers.
1 buy 19 inch refills bosch number z-367
2. use a needle nose pliers and spread the end tab that is in the short slot on the old refill, the other end is longer
3. slide the old refill out
4. reuse the 2 long metal inserts out of the old refills
5. slide the new refill on while holding the metal inserts inplace(you need 3 hands)
6. use the needle nose pliers to squeeze the tab back into the small slot on the refill.

ten minute job and looks a lot better then the new after market wipers, no pics, but once you have the new refills you can figure it out
Kennedy,

I am having trouble locating a supplier for the rubber wiper blade. BOSCH Tech Siupport says they no longer make the rubber-only insert. Did you buy a BOSCH blade refil and modify it to fit the original steel blade holder? I appreciate your advice.

Larry - Retired and living the dream.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a 107... and that's kind of the same thing. Remember that your car is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome