Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - New Leaking Fuel injector , causes Bent Con Rod!!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
pte
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: Kleemann Headers , PTE Cams , 05 ML-500 SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
New Leaking Fuel injector , causes Bent Con Rod!!

Sorry for the delay in what is the final fix for my Motor. I did remove the Drivers side Cylinder head . After I did a Leak down test on #5 cylinder ( 25% ) In the process I tore my left Knee ACL. . I was kinda please in what I found or didn't find. The piston came right to the top of the cylinder bore.., Whoo - eee. The liquid gas puddled in the cylinder bore on top of the piston , loosened & lifted all the baked on Carbon deposits on the piston dish & cylinder head combustion chamber. Some of those particles got lodged between the intake valves & the seat ,areas. Creating the large leak down. So I pulled the head apart & hot washed it . Hand lapped the valves and reassembled it. Finally I got it all reassembled and the motor sounds & runs great. Please note , at 155,000 miles the motors cylinder bores looked perfect and the internal parts of the valve train were extremely clean. The remanufacture injectors were returned, & the rebuilder of them , reimburse me for the gaskets & small parts used in the repair. I ate the labor & oil change ( It was close to its due date /milage anyway ) Cheers PTEngineering Patrick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	2504548   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2504550  

Title goes here

close