My wife has wanted an 107 since she saw a new one on display in a mall in the 1980s... now we have one!
Title says 155k, broken odo says 154k. No rust or previous rust repairs that I could see. Engine seems to run OK, transmission seems to shift OK, but lots of things broken. Bought for $4,500. No service history.
My only previous mechanical experience was replacing broken Jeep window motors, motorized antennas, etc. but I am eager to learn and start a new hobby!
I only have access to the car for three months of each year so I will have to research and buy as many parts as I can in advance, where possible.
List of things to do, in no particular order:
- Replace speedo cable (needle bounce)
- Fix odometer
- Oil change
- Check trans fluid
- Check timing chain and guides
- Check drains
- Install trunk lock
- Install new passenger-side lock
- Fix central locking
- Fix passenger-side mirror
- Fix fuel smell
- Investigate oil leak
- Replace ignition coil (has hole in side)
- Fix clock
- Fix shifter linkage – bushings?
- Fix blower
- Fix A/C?
- Fix heat?
- Fix difficult warm start
- Change spark plugs, cables and distributor cap
- Replace driver's seatbelt
- Get new cargo area base
- Fix rattle in driver-side door - loose glass?
- Lubricate door locks
- Replace seat chrome sides
- New floor mats
- Replace passenger-side console side panel
- Fix cracks in dashboard
- Replace trunk seal
- Replace door seals
- Replace soft top, or fix bad patches
- Check brake fluid
- Replace visor brackets
- Check power steering fluid