Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - To "used" or "not to used" that is the question and Chinesium issue
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 PM
tusabes
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: Too many to list
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
There is no hard and fast rule , some reputable brand names of parts are now sourcing from China so as long as the quality control is there , those Chinese parts are ok. I just bought Bosch spark plugs and they are made in China .

But parts like URO or Hamburg Tecnic are not ok

Also plenty of used parts /whether from eBay or local junkyard are fine . Interior parts , many electrical parts , even things like a transmission are fine to buy used . No sense putting a 0 mile rebuilt transmission in a car with 150,000 miles, especially if you only plan to keep the car a bit longer . I replaced my 190k mile s430 transmission with one from a 84k mile wrecked car . It only cost $300 and served me well for tens of thousands of miles until the body and interior of my car started looking worn out .

However I wouldn’t buy something like a used abc pump or hose as they are at end of life and ready to fail

Lastly a couple of the members here are professional mechanics and they will not install usedf parts on customer cars because they want to minimize warranty returns where they are expected to redo the labor for free

So again there is no hard and fast rule as it depends on what part and what brand whether Chinese or used parts are ok .

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome