Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - 2014 E350 W212 Transmission Clicking Noises + Hard Downshift at Higher Speeds
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Matt Davis
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2014 E350 W212 Transmission Clicking Noises + Hard Downshift at Higher Speeds

I purchased a used 2014 E350 with 70,000km two weeks ago. Everything seems to be in good shape except I am a bit concerned about the transmission. As far as I know, it still has the original transmission fluid/filter.

I am hoping to get some help on diagnosing if there is a problem with my transmission or if this is normal behavior. I have noticed clicking noises while shifting gears from Park- Drive - Reverse. See video here: https://youtu.be/2QVWjsgOZGo

Also, I am experiencing hard/jerky downshifting when quickly accelerating while travelling at speeds above 60km/h - for example, accelerating to pass a vehicle on the highway. Typically, there is a delay between me pushing down on the gas pedal and the downshift, which seems to be harder than I would expect, then the car accelerates.

My previous vehicle was a 2000 E320 w210, so I'm using that as comparison. My old w210 with 250,000km seemed to accelerate/downshift more smoothly than my 2014 w212.

If anyone can shed some light on whether these noises and hard downshifting is normal or not I would be very grateful. If it is not normal, what should be done to fix the issue?

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome