sgoesbwo
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2019
Vehicle: 1999 C280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi duh_vinci,
Thanks much for the video link! I had actually seen and bookmarked it but had ignored it with the incorrect assumption its not for my car. When I matched its engine information you provided in WIS, I was pleasantly surprised to see the RR docs for the two cars are the same. So I watched the video again and this time it was as if I was looking at my engine Amazing how I was lost in the sea of information during my research! Thank you, now I think I can go work on my car!
ps,
1) if its of any significance (which I will find out once I get on it), I read somewhere someone is using a stubby ratcheting 5/8 or 16mm wrench for the top bolt of the mounts. Again someone wrote he cut off his regular wrench to make it stubby!
2) I had someone try the top bolt before I got into all this research, pretty strong guy but he was unable to unscrew the ds top bolt from the bottom. The car was on stands and he hadn't loosened the bottom bolt yet and the engine wasn't yet resting on wood and jack. Someone did write his DS top side bolt was pretty hard but he eventually unscrewed it! Maybe we should use some penetrating oil?

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome