Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - RR Engine Mounts - 99 C280
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:48 PM
khomer2
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2015
Vehicle: w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoesbwo View Post
Hi guys,
I am planning to do this DIY at my house. So wanted to run by the following if someone has done it on a 99 C280 also -
1) Following the WIS instructions for 99 C280 (Model202.029) V6-2.8L (Engine 112.920) - good?
2) Don't have an engine lift so will use a jack and 2x4 wood to raise/lower engine - is it okay to put the wood under the oil pan or is there a better location from under something else?
3) Is it absolutely necessary to A) unbolt the steering damper at the drag link and then B) detach the drag link from the Pitman and the Idler arms?
4) Are the top bolts of both the mounts unscrewed and screwed back on all from the bottom of the car? what is the tool that will work best for this part - 'cause this seems to be the most challenging part of the DIY.
5) Will the old mounts come out and the new mounts go in, both from the bottom?
6) Right after, I will also be replacing the rear mount but that looks much easier than the two engine mounts.
Thanks much in advance for any tips/advice/heads up from someone who has done it on the same car - will definitely boost my first time confidence
Thank you!
Welcome sgoesbwo,

Yes to everything except for (3) - not necessary. Turn the steering wheel to the right (ps).
Note: The ps motor mount has a silicon heat shield that needs to be used. DS does not need one.
For (4), top bolt removed from topside, bottom end nut removed from bottomside.

Here's a DIY video that's self-explanatory.

Keep us posted on your DIY project here.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome