Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - New Leaking Fuel injector , causes Bent Con Rod!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
pte
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: Kleemann Headers , PTE Cams , 05 ML-500 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
New Leaking Fuel injector , causes Bent Con Rod!!

I just did a 160,000 mile engine check up. I removed the OEM fuel injectors sent them out for cleaning. Changed out the Spark plugs They had about 70,000 miles on them. Oil & all filters changed. I looked into getting a spare set of injectors , found that injectors rebuild from GB remanufacturing were priced at the same as the local Injector cleaner service shop ? So I purchased 8 new ones from GB remanufacturing. I installed them Fired up the motor and noticed a cylinder that was not firing . I move the ML outside , grab my Infrared Thermometer& for un #5 exhaust cold.. The others Cylinders exhaust were already Hot. Shut the motor off . too look for a possible loose connection. everything was connected and tight . Went to restart the motor . It made a couple of rotations ,Then made a BAD noise !!? Pulled the Fuel rail with the reman injectors still clipped in the Rail. Cycled the key to just on , but not crank. Found #5 cylinder injector free lowing & leaking very profusely . It hydro-locked the pistonAnd bent the Con rod. Pictures coming soon. I am looking for a used Connecting rod & piston assy. Any Help would be greatly appreciated for this old 2005 ML 500.
Vin 4JGAB75E05A544524. Look like I've got my hands full for the next several weeks. While I'm inside of the motor , are there any small things that should also be replaced , IE oiling system check valve ? THX PTEngineering

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome