Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Crazy Idle Control Module
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 AM
cwmoser
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1731 Post(s)
Just Duct Tape is semi-permanent, while Bailing Wire and Duct Tape is a permanent fix

BTW, when I was a young man right out of college I car pooled with a fellow who drove a 1950 Chevy Truck. The Engine Block had cracked ... so he glued the crack back and continued driving the old truck. On rainy days, the passenger side floorboard where I sat had a hole in it and would splash water up in the cab on my side. The hole was big enough that you could see the road pavement while riding. The whole truck was a rusty POS. The solution was a piece of cardboard and a rubber floor mat to cover the hole in the floor. Still a fond memory. I don't think Duct Tape was invented by the 1970's but maybe we just were not aware of it

Carl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You have chosen to drive a MERCEDES-BENZ, a car in whose construction and production we have taken great pains because we believe that quality is not a matter of chance." -- page 3, Owners Manual 380SL
Timing Chain, Subframe, wiring harness, Climate Control, Rust prevention, etc.

Last edited by cwmoser; 03-14-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome