Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Anyone familiar with trunk lock system?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:47 PM
rudeney

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1694 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlafever View Post
I've got no SL currently, however the 'popped open at highway speed' reminded me of the description in my W221 manual. The Emergency inside release (green button in my car) can be opened at any time, including while at speed. Perhaps there is something going on with that switch in your trunk?
That's a good thought!

Quote:
Good luck with this, I recently went through the drama of having someone close my trunk while both batteries were disconnected. Only afterward did I find out the mechanical key lock was toast! I had to cut a hole in the spare wheel tub (plastic) and reseal it after reconnecting the consumer battery ground strap.
The plastic on my trunk latch is deteriorating to the point that where the mechanical linkage from the handle connects, it is broken so that my manual unlock would not work either. I fixed it with some JB Weld and bailing wire, but not trusting it, I drilled a hole in the lid behind the tag so i could get a screwdriver in there and trip it if necessary.

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Stable:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome