Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
Great way to feed into the data breach.
How do you know that that link is not a scam? LOL.
Your very justified in your concern. I'm an IT director by day and I can't tell you how many times I find it necessary to warn people about not opening emails that they are not absolutely certain are safe. And above all... never open a link in an email. The blue link you see may not be where that link will actually take you.

If you just can't help yourself then it's much safer to do a copy paste of the link to you browser. A useless POS can make that blue link say anything they want... it's the underlying URL that matters... for example, when you click the following link you'd expect to go to Microsoft, right? Wrong! Go ahead... it's OK to click it this time. www.microsoft.com

It just as well could have taken you to any site specifically designed to steal your identity. Sometimes the unscrupulous actually make their site look exactly like the real thing, so when you're entering your user id and password thinking your getting into your bank you're actually giving a thief your user id and password. Don't click links ever... copy/paste the link into your browser and you can be reasonably certain that you're going where the link says.

Nobody gets out of this life alive.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome