Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - 280E Identity Crisis?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
BORG47
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2018
Vehicle: 1981 280E "Rusty"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Forget it, this is obviously beyond my cerebral understanding. Casually moving on...

I have yet another curiosity (throw me out the window), this time involving the interior. My car has these strange half-MB-Tex, half-"zig-zag" cloth pattern seats, and I have never seen them on any other W123. Could these have been some special order item that was never officially sold? I want to think that this car is unique, and not just your everyday run-of-the-mill 240D-like car. How about this: does the interior combination of Palomino base/"hybrid" seats/black plastic interior paneling and trim/top-loader washer correspond with the Euro 200 model of July 28, 1981? Is this a standard interior option combination for that model? Questions are asked because my logic follows "Knowledge is power, or at least understanding".

Does anyone have any ideas on what to replace my decomposing horsehair seat mats with? I have the seats apart right now to fix the fact that they have gone 'flat' and are somewhat uncomfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190214_153500.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	2489644   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180717_190323.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	2489646  

Title goes here

close