Dave2302

Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: V220 Ambiente S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi Guys,

Well below is a paintwork pic that I took outside tonight when it was dark, with Workshop lights shining at the front of the Car to try and capture the different "colour hues" of the "Chalcedon Blau" Paintwork as the light alters along the length of the Car, it goes from "Silver" looking to "Blue" looking, but as usual my pix don't do it justice
The best one I got was the one below, of the Left Front Door, and also bearing in mind this paintwork is "off the gun" so not polished at all, and it is very dark outside, see the reflection of Mels C Class standing along side it

When the Car is done I will see if I can get a better picture with my Canon DSLR up on here, but I fear the files will be too big
All my pics on Benzworld are just shot with a crappy Samsung "point and shoot" that I keep in the Workshop

Also included are pictures showing how I am fitting it up with maximum care and protection from future rust ............

I have Waxoyled the fixing clips for the Door Window Trims and put little pieces of pvc insulating tape over the doors edges where the clips go, Waxoyled behind the Plastic Door Mouldings fixing holes, and behind the Door Handle holes rubbers

Also I've Waxoyled inside the channel of the brand new Mercedes Door Bottom Lip Rubbers you can see the Waxoyl at the moment on the Door bottoms (yellowy greasy look), once it all sets nicely I will tidy it up with a damp rag, that is the best protection I can give it for the future.

I have also Waxoyled up inside the Doors drain holes, and before she hits the road again I will have all the Doors Interior Trims off and Waxoyl from inside as well.

With any luck she'll be ready for the road spring time, so all the salt will be away by then

Finally the Front Bumper Primer is now wet flatted, hopefully I'll get it painted and clear coated by the end of this weekend, and find some time next week to refit it

Then it will be Rear Bumper off, and start prepping the Rear Fenders and Roof ready for Paint

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed I have not refitted the Chrome / shiny Stainless Strips to the Door Mouldings yet, there is a very very very good reason for this.................

But it is "Top Secret" right now, however when the Car is almost complete you will see why ...................

Oh the suspense

Pics:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1469.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2480038   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1465.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	2480040   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1464.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2480042   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1472.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2480044   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1471.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	2480046  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dave2302; 01-10-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome