Dave2302

Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: V220 Ambiente S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
OK, here we go, my W220 resurrection is back again

BTW, the Car is Chalcedonblau 347, not Silver, it's a very pale Metallic Blue, but my photo's hardly show it.

Yeah, when I first started I did the Trunk Lid 3 times before I was happy due to it having slight Tiger Stripes
I'm not having any edge to edge matching issues, always painting in the same direction, and have 10 litres, well around 7 now, of RFU pre thinned Basecoat so no variation = good matching ......................

Well either that or I just got lucky so far

I haven't finished the W220, but I have done the hardest part of it, was supposed to have had the 2 left doors finished yesterday evening, but things never go to plan, and I ended up Clear Coating them today.

My only problem here really is the shape and layout of my workshop, and the fact the S Class is way longer at it's front than rear, plus the location of my lift posts ..................

When I did the 2 Right Doors I was able to open and close them around the Lift Post, without having to move the Car, but the 2 Left Doors needed the Car the other way round, i.e. reversed into the workshop, and this meant I had to keep opening the Workshop Doors to roll the Car forward for opening and closing the Left Front car Door

Translated I then lose all the heat outta the Workshop, and have to re heat each time etc etc, as it's sub zero temps outside this made the entire process a complete [email protected] ache

I would definitely have been quicker to have completely stripped both Doors, then taken them off the Car and done them on a bench, but then I have nowhere dry for the Car to stand with no Doors on it ..................... Catch 22

Anyway, I've finished Clear Coat around 3pm, she's now un masked, and these 2 Doors, like the panels for Mels C Class, and the S Classes Side Skirts etc have come out lovely straight out of the DeVilbiss Gun

They will only need minimal polishing, when the Valet and Polishing Stage arrives.

I'll spend an hour fitting it all back together in the morning before I start back on the growing queue of Customers Cars building up outside now

There is Rear Fenders and Roof left to do, before she can go back on the road, which I will do all in one hit soon. These do not need anywhere near as much masking and messing around, and I can get right around them however I park it in the Workshop

After that Rear Bumper and Bonnet, (Hood), are the only bit's left, but as neither of these are that off Colour or needing work, I will do them at my leisure whilst I am using the Car

I'll take a week off in a month or 2 to do the Roof and Rear Fenders ..............

All in all a happy "Bunny", and I've definitely cracked the Clear Coat now

Pics:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1456.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2479338   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1457.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2479340   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1459.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2479342   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1461.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	2479344   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1462.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2479346  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1463.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	2479348  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dave2302; 01-07-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome