Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - No more staying out all night long!!
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 12:35 AM
93SoCal400E
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/30K
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfarah77 View Post
Thanks, I'm pretty attached to that Porsche. She's not quick or fast or even very sought after, but I found her 6.5 yrs ago needing some love, which was given in spades. She's actually in very nice shape now, requiring very little to be a high point restoration candidate.

I remember those days all too well. The 944 underwent a fuel tank replacement two years ago which required the removal of the exhaust, transaxle, cv axles and a bunch of ancillary components. This project was performed under the hot sun, in my driveway. No thanks, no more...
944 was my 2nd fave Porsche. I had a 928 a few years back, ended up swapping the dual disc clutch in a not-quite-level driveway in the Hollywood Hills. Pull the tranny straight out, it lands on your chest. But the real fun was putting it back in, getting those 2 clutch discs and pressure plates all lined up with the tranny on your chest again.

The Chevelle only had 1 clutch disc but the tranny was in what felt like a cast iron housing. Heavier, but easier to get lined up. Ah yes, the bloody knuckles and dirty fingernails days.

I will not do any more work like that until I have a lift like yours. Use it in good health.

Last edited by 93SoCal400E; 10-30-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome