Date registered: Jun 2016
Vehicle: 1988 500 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmann_20v View Post
That is sad... Such a nice example has been written off.!
I sold it to my friend from Poznań because I didn't have any good place to store wrecked car for longer period of time or dismantle it and sold out part by part or reuse the parts in my new car. Couple days later friend told me that he sold the car as I sold it to him, new owner is a pretty wealthy guy who has a couple of old mercs - he will probably use the car as a part donor to his cars, less probably that he will try to rebuild the car - but nothing is impossible when you have money and right people. I hope that parts from my ex-car will save some S-classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
Here in Georgia (USA) a new law in effect July 2018 makes it illegal to use or even hold any phone while driving, hands free (Bluetooth ?) only, BUT it's rather difficult to enforce the law when you see the Cops (some but not all of them) riding around holding THEIR phones talking or focused on their passenger seat mounted laptops.
In Poland such law is in effect for a long long time (at least mid 90's) - it was introduced to prevent using of CB radios, which are mainly used for warning other drivers of Police patrols in the area I don't need to say that it's totally unenforceable - drivers use phones, CB's, tablets and other devices that distract them from driving...

And of course driving in Poland is a pretty tough challenge - we have one of the newest and one of wider highways in the EU - still most of drivers are overconfident and don't know how to use them.

After many years of crappy post communist cars, more and more Poles can afford new powerful ones, and if they can't buy them - they borrow them from luxury car rental companies and it sometimes ends like this (famous case from late september this year - Polish drivers race with their luxury cars on Slovakian mountain roads causing a deadly accident)

All in all - It's good that in my case no one was injured. Thanks for your support and good words - I hope that SEC will have more luck than the SEL had

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrandom View Post
I went to a wedding in Poland and it was bloody brilliant.
You almost can't go wrong with Polish weddings and wedding parties

Last edited by Evilaseq; 10-28-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Adding quotes

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome