Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Stealth Hitches Customer Reviews!!!
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
StealthHitches
Supporting Vendor

Date registered: Nov 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GLK250 Review from Gary N.

2015 Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetek

"Hitch is very nice, well made, pretty straightforward to install. Final installation is indeed stealthy.

I do have a couple of comments about the installation. One point about removing bumper is that directly under the tail lights are a crushable plastic mounting part. A guy that has a video on YouTube stated you have to remove the two nuts that hold this on to remove the bumper which is very difficult because this is mounted to the car prior to the bumper going on. This is not true as the bumper will separate from the part, but there are 4 or 5 fingers that have to be released for the bumper to come off. Not impossible, but I think they are designed to not come apart once assembled. I used a large screw driver that I twisted to lift the plastic while pressing the finger down until the lip disengaged.

Second recommendation is the power source. Instructions require running a wire underneath the full length of the car and attaching to the battery. The GLK has a secondary fuse block under the rear floor that has numerous open fuse slots. I suggest utilizing one of those with a fuse tap for the power. Fuse 89 is for the factory trailer hitch."

Thank you Gary N.! We appreciate your tips and input on your installation experience!

Last edited by StealthHitches; 09-20-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome