jal1224
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1994 S600 Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Trojan View Post
Found it. The N57 convenience module blue/yellow wire B.16 lock signal is sketchy, marked with yellow tape in the pic.

Edit: and/or wire D2 (USA/ECE model recognition) had its individual female connector incorrectly seated in the plug & was not engaging the pin, it was just touching. All sorted now.

Time to button up the rest of the interior & book her in for a roadworthy test.

Edit 2: I spoke soon. This is turning into one of those "multiple issues with similar & overlapping symptoms" problems. The working N57 module from the S600 works sometimes, but not all the time. I think the original S500 module has one or more cracked solder joints as it's super flaky & moving various connectors has the internal relays clicking like mad, as with another old spare I have here.

Maybe an issue with wiring elsewhere on the car but I'm calling it quits for today. So close to having this car on the road but so far...
Try opening it up and reflowing the solder on the connection of the pins to the printed circuit board. This YouTube video talks about something similar on a W126.

I had to reflow joints on a Jaguar engine computer once. Talk about a PITA. That particular ecu model was notorious for cracked joints. I spent literally months tracking down that problem, as there was no self test at all on it. I fixed it, but never trusted it. Swapped it out for a later model ecu that didn't have the problem.

What sends the signal to the blue/yellow wire? Maybe it has a bad connection.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome