Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - What have you done for your W210 today/lately?
View Single Post
post #393 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:21 AM
01blackhawk
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 RWD- 2011 E350 4M
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Unless you make a huge mistake you cant really destroy these transmissions, they are so rugged and robust boxes, one advice thou, invest in a genuine dipstick from a stealer. I bought one back in 2010 from the stealer for $55, ebay or BS homemade ones are running $35 or 40 anyway so I paid a little more but that thing is legit and it paid for itself more than 3 times. I`ve done many changes myself on my car, I`ve changed my buddy`s fluid at least 3 or 4 times and I loaned it to another friend couple of times, I haven`t worked on his C class 4M but he borrowed it twice so it is really useful.
Another thing, be really careful and gentle when you opening the drain plug in the tranny pan, I`m sure if your fluid never changed it is pretty tight so be cautious both taking out and tightening back. Clean the pan with break cleaner and make sure it is bone dry when you install back, clean the magnet and install the new gasket tightly, dont over torque the pan bolts. Visiually inspect the plug and if its not leaking don`t mess with it, everybody advocates here that you need to change it every time you do a filter&gasket job but I dont. I`ve changed it once back in 2010 or 11 because it was leaking, I cleaned the TCM also with contact cleaner and kept an eye on it for a year once a month since then I check the TCM maybe once a year, every time I`m under the car I check the plug and it is bone dry. So if its ain`t broken I ain`t mess with it.
I sent you a PM also, if you have any questions just post here or shoot me a PM, will be more than happy to help.

Cheers
Al

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome