post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Bigbash
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 2000 E55 amg, 2004 ML270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My bad from the beginning with the title of the thread... The transmission in the S500 is a 722.633

As for my car, yes it has a 722.624 ( pre-facelift), the facelift has the 722.636.

illstplaya- as for the internal differences I have checked the part number on EPC and they are all the same for these two transmissions.
So if I call the mercedes dealer and order all the internal parts they wont change anything if it is a 722.633 or 722.624.... The vavlebody has the exact same number and so does the solenoids. How do I know? Because I went to the S500 and bought the valvebody few weeks ago and put it in my gearbox (thinking this was the culprit) . Compared numbers and solenoids and everything was exactly the same, all numbers matched.
Regarding software, my current TCU will stay and the transmission itself (mechanical parts) canīt feel what software the computers has it just does as its told?
The only thing im thinking is the clutch packs as you stated, but where did you hear/see that? Would really like to get some good evidence before spending 10 times more on a 722.624 or 722.636 compared to the S500.

M3RC3D3SE55AMG - well, when it costs 1/2 the price of what I have put into this car if not even more, then you start to think if its worth it. The car has 170 000 miles on it with previous owners who didnīt give a sh*t about maintenance, so I donīt want to spend a fortune... if I would then rebuilding the engine and changing suspension etc would be on the list, but I donīt think this example is worth it.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome