Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - 1984 300cd just purchased, what do you think?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Nicholas Minopoli
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Innovation560, great read. No, I am not enjoying most of those things currently. Though I will splurge on good food every so often, I haven't the time, money, or lakehouse. I simply want a reliable car, and currently am going back and forth with the seller. He says he had work done on new boots, bushings, and a few other things, but no receipts because he paid cash. First sketchy thing. Second was that the dash has cracks in it, which he was honest about when I asked him-just not forthright in his advertising. How big of a deal would that be to yall? The third is rust concern. I will happily pay the 12.5k if the zero rust is guaranteed. But so far he has sent me 3 pictures. I attached them, and tell me if you think those don't look like they've been treated from rust. If Im wrong, then great. But I'm not just skeptical, and even told him that between those 3 concerns, he needs to show me more pictures before I give him the rest of the 12.5k and have it shipped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	48871_1507656113734.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	2286417   Click image for larger version

Name:	48870_1507656127290.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2286425  

Title goes here

close