Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - expected 500sec euro to impress me more
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Fonzi
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2359 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
You might look at the coupe a little differently with a wheel change, I see two different styles on the saloon, maybe give the second set a try and see if it excites you a bit. I know that changing the wheels on mine made it a whole different car

That brings up another topic. If it m passing this 186,000 mile example down the line, do you w126 fellas have advice on the wheels? With a 107, generally I say keep it stock. I've got nearly every wheel selection under the sun available (with the exception if Pentas which I've sold all off). Bbs rs, Lorinser LO, 17" AMG 5-spoke for a CLK, spacers, 15" bundts, rial N mesh in 7 and 8" sets, 86-91 15-hole wheels, Lorinser RT (Bbs rs 3-piece like).

The lowest value wheels are the 14" bundts, and I assume it's best to keep them on there.

And if anyone wants to PM an offer on this good running car, the biggest issue besides that saggy headliner in the back is the rear passenger window being intermittent about wanting to go up, a small rust bubble on driver rear wheel well, and a rattle I notice in the suspension over 60 mph.

The headliner doesn't look that bad right now. Not sure why. That's a FS pic from before I bought it.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome