Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - expected 500sec euro to impress me more
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Fonzi
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2359 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
expected 500sec euro to impress me more

Edit: 7/27/2017 (ten days later): Posted it up on eBay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/253065010734
End edit.
-----------
I picked up my first ever SEC mostly because I wanted the rear skirt which I thought was AMG, but turned out not to be. I bought it anyway because think the skirt will suffice, and I was over 3 hours invested.

I have always been "a sucker for an S class sedan in full euro dress" and bought the 1985 500se for that reason. I know the SEC is the higher value car, and maybe this one doesn't get me excited because it wears 14" bundts. But I just don't get excited about the long rear end. What am I missing?

The seat belt presenters are some real "first world" stuff right there. Reach back for the seat belt if it has fallen off the headrest mounted seat belt holder in an SLC can be so cumbersome. Oh my. :-)

Otherwise... why am I not getting excited about this SEC?

I think this one is going to get passed on down the line as soon as I remove the rear skirt, and I guess the side skirts to give it a clean look... unless someone can convince me of why this car should get me excited.

Anyone?

Here's my w126 love...

Last edited by Fonzi; 07-27-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome