Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - W126 related items for sale & wanted to buy
View Single Post
post #6129 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Teutone
CH4S Artist
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
I don't know the "official" HP increase figures for either the Tri-y's or the logs but my "butt-dyno" here noticed a definite increase in the giddyap by installing a set of logs from my '84 500SEC Euro parts car onto my '91 560SEC that had the factory US Chokexhaust set-up

While I'm here and thinking about it, I have a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle Sport tires, 235/45R17 with less than 1000 miles on them. I had them put on the car with the rims that came with it not knowing a couple on months later I'd be making a road trip to get my parts car with a more desirable looking set of wheels, these turned out to be 16's so this set obviously wouldn't fit. If interested PM me for the details
I think Henrik aka 48hp installed TRY-Y's with down pipes going into (magnaflow or flowmaster, don't remember) dual in and out catalytic converter (which eliminated need for crossover pipe), got rid of the kidney resonators for 2 staggered in line hush puppy resonators, and came out with slightly over 29 hp gain on a Gen I US 500 M117 engine. There are 2 threads.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome