Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Our 2014 w218 AMG-S Recieved!! "Pictures"
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
laketahoequattro
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 2014 CLS63 AMG-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hey everyone thank you for your kind replies. Sorry I just saw these... Yes we had to have is special ordered with the light wood grain and light seats over the carbon fiber and black.

So now on to the real issue. This car only does 155MPH!!!!!

I know because we have tried, and the mercedes dealer has also confirmed that the wrong firmware is on our CLS63-s which should do 186MPH all day.

We have been fighting this with MB now for 6+ months with no course of help what so ever back from MB.

They are dragging their feet and telling us that it is a liability issue to have the car go faster than 155MPH. They are forcing us to give them the monroney before they will do anything because now the vehicle is too old "2 years" to be pulled up in their system!!! The car only has 14K miles.

What a load of bull!!! We love this car, but these actions by MB will at a minimum result in us spending 130K on a different brand next time.

Anyone have any suggestions? At this point the SVC department here says there is nothing they can do and it is up to MB corporate. I am being told that the local SVC dept has no power over these matters.

I would expect so much more from such a "fine" company. Maybe this is the first s-model car that only does 155, maybe it is more valuable because it shows the carelessness of MB for the first time?

Maybe Ill get the car on some car show so they can talk about exactly how the car does not perform to spec. That may be the only way to get MB attention here.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome