Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Decoding ML datacards (what all those option codes mean!)
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 AM
DazC
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2016
Vehicle: 2012 W246 B200 CDI BlueEfficiency 2.0TD 7 Spd auto
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
W246 B200 CDI headlight question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
Do you have code 617? If so, it means your steering wheel is on the RH side. Headlights cast more light on the left side, to illuminate signs and pedestrians, while not dazzling oncoming traffic.

If you had filled out your location and vehicle details using User CP, I wouldn't have to ask.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
Do you have code 617? If so, it means your steering wheel is on the RH side. Headlights cast more light on the left side, to illuminate signs and pedestrians, while not dazzling oncoming traffic.

If you had filled out your location and vehicle details using User CP, I wouldn't have to ask.

Welcome to the forum.
Hi Dr X, apologies lack of detail. Was trying to post a q and had to signup and it posted before I could complete. I have a 2012 W246 B200 CDI that had front repair after a low speed crash and had headlights replaced. Build code says it was 618 (bi xenon on for LHTraffic) and you are right, it's a RHD Australian delivered vehicle. It was the equipment codes that drew me to the thread, which I recognise is not for W246. So my car currently hAs two different headlight assemblies. One is "intelligent lighting system" other is bi xenon. I assume the clot who repaired has fitted a wrong one, but wanted to check because of a reference I saw to equip code 617 "asymmetric" which suggested maybe there are two different lights. I am a Merc novice, my father had multiple but this is my first after several BMWs etc. I do have part numbers but when I quizzed a MB service place they said the entire assembly needed to be replaced ( at a lazy A$5400). Obviously I can get a cheaper one but am seeking guidance. Cheers

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome