Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Frankenheimer '86 Euro 560SEL Lorinser for auction in Santa Monica, CA June 26, 2016
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:36 PM
lowphat
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
Location: Northern Virginia @ Mount Vernon, the original Ground Zero
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm planning to bid on this beautiful creation.

I have no affiliation to the seller, the car or anything or anyone else related to this car.

If any of you ballers are also legitimately interested and you plan to bid and you have a "price is no object" budget/desire for this car, please PM me and I'll tell you my price point. If you (honestly) tell me yours is higher, then I'll refrain from piddling around and pointlessly jacking up the price. It's not that I don't want it, and I do believe that the car is probably worth more than the auction estimate, but I think my maximum price point is still below what an informed member of this forum (with the price is no object budget and desire) would pay and I'm just trying to be courteous in that regard. I'm not assuming that there's someone out there that will pay any price for this thing, but I am guessing that there's probably someone out there with a budget bigger than mine. If someone's legitimately willing to pay more than I am, they should end up with the car - even if it doesn't get bid up to my price point and they end up paying less than I would have!

Part of me thinks that this might not be an appropriate post, but what the hell - this is a Benzaholic Mutual Admiration Society we have here so I'm going with my gut. Naturally, if anyone does PM me, whatever's said is between me and the individual. I'm an honest player in that regard

Enjoy yourself, Marco.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome