Swisstype
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GL550 Obsidian Black; 2015 S550 Coupe Magnetite Black Metallic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New S- Coupe owner

Hello! I recently purchased a new S550 Coupe Edition 1. I actually traded a 2012 Audi R8 V10 for it, plus a little differential. I have to say that I am in love with this car. It is such a personal vehicle. I do like the red interior, and it grows on me daily. I like the understated looks of the S550 as well. It does have the sport kit on it with the 20 inch AMG wheels, so it does look sharp, but I had all badging removed, so it is easy to look over, but if you know what you are looking at, the badges dont matter anyway.
The R8 got all sorts of looks , especially when checking in a nice hotel or restaurant. I took the S550 to the Trump in Chicago, and I actually had 3 guys walk right past my car to look at the new model Escalade. It is great on the highway, and the sound is not the piped in stuff like those guys from Munich. Just a nice rumble with the cruise set at 85.
I have a 2013 GL550 taht convinced me of Mercedes further, and I had been watching this car from teh Concept stage, so super pumped about it overall. It gets better every day.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome