Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

GLK250 blutec fuel filter how to?

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chsu74 
#1 ·
After some searching Ive seen how to's for the 2010 models, but does anyone have a write up for the 2013 models? Pics and part numbers would be awesome. Dealer wants $600 for this, not forking that over. Ive searched around, did my googling but could only find a few write ups, and they were for the older models. Not sure if much has changed between the 2010 and 2013.

#4 ·
Considering the crazy prices wanted by the dealer I suggest doing the fuel filter as a DIY project. I ordered the exact MANN filter through Diesel Filters.com for $58.00. Install is easy... 1/ remove engine cover .. the filter sits on top of the engine at the middle, slightly to the driver side 2/ unclip the 2 clips holding the filter in place with a screwdriver 3/ you will see a small tube exiting the top of the filter, there is a clip retaining the small drain plug, remove the clip and pop out the plug ( I had very little fluid come out, this relieves any pressure) 4/ remove the two clamps holding the inlet and outlet hoses in place, some say they cannot be used again but these clips are stainless and very well built. I used wire cutters to ""pinch"" in the clamps 5/ remove the hoses then the filter 6/ replace in reverse order, it took no more than 20 minutes and you will save $$$ In Canada the recommended fuel filter replacement is 40,000 KM, about 25,000 miles..

#6 ·
It is a very easy DIY.

Buy circlips from the dealer as you replace fuel filters. Note that there may be two different size circlips for the fuel filter change. A circlip plier is available on Amazon.

There are plenty of OM642 fuel filter DIYs on YouTube. Dissembly of parts around the filter may be different but the process is the same...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.