Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Parking Pilot problems!

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  newbaysie 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a new GLS 450 with the self parking pkg. I am frustrated in that I can't get it to consistently recognize perfect perpendicular parking spots. On those rare occasions that it does properly detect the spot, it parks well. I've tried different methods of approaching the spaces: very closely passing them, passing them at a moderate distance; always, very slowly. All to no avail.

Is there a hidden trick to get the car to recognize the spots, or is it a malfunction. FYI, I do have the blue "P" always visible when traveling below 20mph. It's just that the left or right arrows rarely pop up.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, that is what my dealer said, as well. I do use the turn signals, but the results are the same. Interestingly, it seems to work pretty well on parallel parking spots, but perpendicular spots are purely hit or miss. Unfortunately, where I live, the great majority of parking spaces are perpendicular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.