Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

GL320 diesel SUV 2008

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kozel123456 
#1 ·
I have many electronic errors, I just replaced the battery, I was once told it has two big batteries one for the motor, the other for all the electronic gadgets. I took it to a guy who works on imports and he hooked it up to the computer and it came out with many many electronic errors. It keeps telling me that the back end is open, it won't electronically latch.
I absolutely Love my benz, I bought it new, but it's time for me to tune it up, and trade it in, or sell and rebuy. I can't do it with all of these issues. Help what do I do?

#2 ·
On my 2008 ML 320 diesel there are indeed two batteries though one is much smaller than the other.
Both should be replaced at the same time.
The computer codes (errors) the mechanic found could be the result of the main battery failing ( I presume you replaced it for some reason).
When the main battery was replaced there are resets needed for the windows, sunroof, seats AND steering. The steering wheel needs to be turned lock-to-lock and is sometimes overlooked.

Typically, codes fall into two categories - pending and permanent.
A flaky battery can produce many codes along with other symptoms.
Usually the existing codes are cleared, the car driven for a distance and then rescanned to see what, if any, codes reappear.

The rear hatch can fall victim to a number of problems A) water intrusion from the rear tail lights, B) a stuck exterior handle, C) plain old age. At least these three things are what I'm familiar with.

Tell us more about any problems you are having with the vehicle and include mileage, recent maintenance, who performs maintenance.

Skippy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.