Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Door handle not responding on keyless

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sdh2017 
#1 ·
Our 2007 GL320 is again acting up. This time the keyless door handles respond only intermittently. Anybody experiencing the same issue with their 164? I have read on some of the sedan forums that it is a matter of the handle needing replacing.

Interesting, the issue is more common on he driver's side than the passenger side.

#2 ·
are all 4 doing this?

i have had 1 go out here and there on 2 different mercedes with keyless go
they just seem to wear out and you replace the handle which is not terribly expensive and is not hard to do

if all 4 are erratic not sure it is the handles....

hope that helps some

#3 ·
just the drivers side

just the two door handles on the driver's side are inoperable regarding the keyless entry function.

#4 ·
it is most likely just the handles have worn out
especially if they have never been done on a 2007

but do some more searches, i think they changed the handles at some point and the newer ones are better

i have done 2 on my 2006 e class and none on my 08 GL/and i have extensive paperwork on the GL it has never had any done

if it was me i would do more searches on the ML and GL forums and see if anyone else has had to change one

and then if so maybe order 1 handle, swap it and see if it solves your problem on that door...
seems like the one for my e class was around 100-125

please post back the results

#5 ·
now working

Interestingly, with the onset of the most recent "arctic blast / polar vortex" here in the upper midwest, the battery in the GL died. I replaced the battery and now the door front door handle functions, but the rear still is inactive on the keyless function. I have a replacement handle but have yet to find the time to address it. Will post results as soon as I can get to it. Stay tuned

#6 ·
Interestingly, with the onset of the most recent "arctic blast / polar vortex" here in the upper midwest, the battery in the GL died. I replaced the battery and now the door front door handle functions, but the rear still is inactive on the keyless function. I have a replacement handle but have yet to find the time to address it. Will post results as soon as I can get to it. Stay tuned

It started doing this in my GL450 because I've been using the push botton start, look like the remote battery depleted as it need use more energy to communicate with the ecm. Try to renew the remote battery.

#7 ·
Handles

I have a 2010 GL550 and my handles on the left side of the car stop working after a car wash, then sitting overnight in cold weather. About three-four days they start working again. The driver handle is intermittent. Evidentially this is common and a sign of the interior sensor wearing out. The dealer wants $170 per handle. If I could get a better deal, I'd replace them. Not too hard to do at all, several you tube videos out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.