Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

GL 320 CDI 07 bought new, keep it or sell it..

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  myworld111 
#1 ·
Folks,
I have a big quandary here. I have owned my beloved gl320 CDI 2007 new with 7 year 100k warranty. Warranty will expire in July 14th of this year. It has serve me well, specially yesterday when I got a oil cooler seal leak. Would've been $1500 at the dealer. Besides that, there was a bearing in the crankshaft problem that was detected last year because there was a bulletin about it so they fixed it, would've been several thousands to fix since they had to take the engine apart to replace the bearing. Other than than, nothing too bad. Haven't had any issues with the air suspension other than a recall for the compressor several years ago. i do the schedule maintenance by the book and the car has serve me well.
Now, I could sell it now while there is warranty left for the new owner and I can still get pretty close to BB value for a private seller, of course, $25k will not afford me another similar car but will work as a down payment for the next one. Or, I can keep it pass the warranty, and use it for another 18 months and see what I can get for it. I know it will be much less and without a warranty it will not be very easy to get it traded... Or, I can keep it for another several years. Keep up with the schedule maintenance and crossing my fingers than nothing big breaks. What would you do?
I have it listed on eBay now if you would like to see the pictures.

See less See more
#2 ·
With only 6 months of warranty left the value is not that much greater. I used to work new car dealers and at a trade in it made no difference. For a private party it might add a few hundred at most. You will have used 76 months of an 84 month warranty leaving a buyer less than 10% of the warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.