Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2008 MB GL450 64k Miles Air Suspension Quick Question.Please help!!!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  J Lo 
#1 ·
Hello,
I want to thank you in advance for reading my post and hopefully for helping me out with my dilemma.
We purchased this 2008 GL450 with 60k miles. Now it has around 64k.
What I have noticed is that when we get take the key out and get out of the car the car drops a little bit (front) to the point that I can barely put my hand in between the tire and the fender, and also I hear this hissing sound for a couple of seconds. If I let it stay for a couple of minutes and if I go and open a door again, the car goes back up to its initial position.
I have read a lot about Gls having this issue but before I go to the mechanic I want to ask you guys if I need to start looking at Arnotts front air springs.
Now the computer does not give me any warning about the suspension, once I put the key in the car handles perfectly, it is just that dropping that I do not know if it is normal or not. I have a friend that has a 2013 and he said his doesn't do that.
Please help
Thank You

#2 ·
It should keep the air in so it won't drop. The 2013 is a different truck. That was the new design.

The Arnotts are a great way to save. Before you buy them make sure it is not bad air line or something else in the system. If your mechanic says it is an air spring then tell him you want the Arnotts. They were in short supply, now Arnott and a few other vendors have the Arnotts back in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.