Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

07 GL450 Headlight Performance

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kingbolom 
#1 ·
All,

Not sure if this is a trend among 07 GL's but the standard headlights on low beam are terrible. I know mine aren't xenon so i'm not expecting them to have xenon like 'lighting' but they are poor at best.

Has anyone changed their headlight bulb/globes and noticed an improvement?

Thanks,

#4 ·
My '07 GL with the bi-Xeon headlights is terrible as well. I replaced the bulbs recently but that only helped a small amount. Vision is great to about thirty feet and then it drops of significantly. I asked the dealer about it years ago and he said they were aimed correctly. Do the lights by chance adjust shutter opening based on speed?; as in the faster you go the headlights aim further down the road? What is the purpose of the headlights cycling up and down when you start the truck? Is vertical movement only for load leveling to prevent blinding other drivers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I have terrible lights on my 08 with xenon. I cannot fault the light units as they are very bright with a nice flat cutoff. What is wrong is the DESIGN of the car. The headlights are too far off the ground, so the lights have to point downward to keep from lighting up the car in front of you.
I have adjusted the lights slightly upward, but the the high beams will light up the tree tops.
If the headlights ever get lowered to 'normal' car height, then they will be allowed to light up the road so that you can safely drive faster than 25mph on low beams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.