Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Considering an 09 GL 320.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  a02stang 
#1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 2009 GL 320, with 50k on it and it is not certified. I have had several Land Rovers and the Air Suspension goes out religiously at 60k, what is the life expectancy on the GL's air suspension? Any other thoughts about what to look for? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
is there any history on the carfax of their being work done on the suspension? From memory a lot of GL owners were experiencing issues with the susp air bags prior to 60k. Do some research on the car if there is any type of history available, you might find some of them have already been replaced.

#3 ·
issues vary from different areas. air suspension is a common issue here in tx. along with diesel oil cooler leaks. we have a 10 year tech who has been with mb up north and rarely saw the oil cooler leak. here in texas we probably have 2-4 going on in the shop at any given time. if its not warranty it is about a 15 hour job. Mercedes has recently come out with update seals for the oil cooler. when they leak....they leak. I had a few cars come in 7qts low on oil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.