Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Motorcycle roar in my GL?

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  myworld111 
#1 ·
Hey guys. This is not funny!!! Recently I noticed what sounds just like a motorcycle when I am driving at low speed including stops at red lights. It is more noticeable from the car inside than outside. It may have something to do with lower morning temperatures since it comes and goes. It is very annoying when it's there. I live in Florida where the lows are only in the 60s. Any clues?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
I wanted to update you all. I took it to the dealer. Since it was such an intermittent issue I was afraid they will say we could not replicate the problem. However they were supernice, kept they vehicle for a day and checked it multiple times. As I had told them they were able to hear the strange noise first thing in the morning. They diagnosed it as a steering pump failure and said it was a safety issue and kept the vehicle till the part was ordered. It is fixed now and no more noises since. Cheers and a happy new year

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.