Tire Pressure monitor sensors - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > X164 GL-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GLBT
Smile Tire Pressure monitor sensors

I just ordered a set of 20" aftermarket wheels for my GL (on order). I will be installing winter tires on them. Any suggestions where to purchase aftermarket TPS sensors in Canada? What should I expect to pay for them?
RG2013GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2009
What year is your car?

I may have a set I can sell you as I bought sensors for my 2010 GL and bought the wrong ones. The 2007-2009 are different and those are the ones I bought. I got another set that I am about to change out and will have the 2007-2009 ones I can sell if you are interested.

The one I bought are Mercedes Benz by Siemens VDO 433mhz and replace part number A0045429818. If this is what you need I may be able to give you a great price on 4.
cmarshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
Note to noobies - it ALWAYS helps to put your car year and model somewhere in your post. Most put it in the profile.
Fourdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: '03 CL500,& '07 GL450
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2013GL View Post
I just ordered a set of 20" aftermarket wheels for my GL (on order). I will be installing winter tires on them. Any suggestions where to purchase aftermarket TPS sensors in Canada? What should I expect to pay for them?
You may want to go to your MB parts dept. and show your VIN to get the EXACT part number for the TPMS parts. Then you could shop the internet or other sources.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle: 2013 GLBT
Smile TPMS

Thanks to everyone for their input so far. The GL I have on order is a 2013 model. From comments I have read on this forum I'm not sure if I will need TPMS' for the after-market wheels I will be installing with winter tires. It appears some vehicles have TPMS' in the wheel while others have the system in the hub and it is tied into the ABS system and tire rotation. Will find out when the vehicle arrives, hopefully by the end of September. Can't wait.
RG2013GL is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > X164 GL-Class