Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes OEM detachable towbar...lost keys

8K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  355spiderguy 
#1 ·
hi all.

further to the success of replacing lost keys for my OEM roof bars due to fab advice from Ikchris, hopefully someone can help me out with the towbar keys...

the towbar is the Mercedes OEM removable version and is fitted in place; i put the keys for it and the cross-bars somewhere really safe and they may turn up in 10 years or so...:confused:

as the main dealer is unable to help, can anyone out there?

does anyone know whom is the manufacturer of these, and how do you find out the key code for the lock..i assume it must be printed somewhere on the body of the towbar, but i can't see it..

all help / suggestions welcomed in advance:thumbsup:

#2 ·
hi all.

managed to get to the bottom of this problem myself!

the towbar and fitments are manufactured by Oris / Bosal.
the towbar type is an AK40 / AK41, and there is a serial number laser printed into the steel of the bar high up on the stem (on the left hand side of the bar as you look at it, opposite side from the key) just before it locates into the mounting... as mines is fitted, i had to give it a good buff with steel wool to show the numbers up...

upon establishing this number, all is required is a call to Oris / Bosal and they shall order the replacment key up.

hope this helps someone in the future:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.