Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reset Service Indicator 09 GL450

99K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  QPZ 
#1 ·
Hello!
How do you reset the service indicator for 09 Gl450?
I have searched all forum, but I couldn't find. Please let me know.
Thanks ahead.

#3 ·
Yours is the same as the 164, to enlarge script, mouse over and left click.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thank you for helps.
Since I'm not a DIYer, I'm going to change the oil, cabin air filter...etc tomorrow.
So, I just want to reset the service indicator before going to the dealer. I don't think need to reset 'service 3 in special work'. Do I ???

#5 ·
In a word, NO.

#6 ·
I have GL450 2007 and just got oil change Mobil 1 0W-40 European Car Formula, Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. While resetting the service message, there are options to choose 229.3 or 229.5. Which one is for my oil? Do they has different period to next oil change? Please let me know. Thanks, Tag.

#7 ·

Time period difference I do not know.

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply eric242340.
Another question I have is that if I select 229.5, do you know what happen? I remember that I've selected 229.5 last oil change by mistake. Does it effect to oil change interval or some others? I believe there is some reason why there are options to choose. Please help me to understand. Tag.

#9 ·
Oil Quality does affect the service interval but by how much it does not tell us in WIS, use the mouse and left click an attachment to enlarge so you can read it;

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.