Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

DVD changer installation GL-450

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  iwinandrew 
#1 ·
Just got my GL-450 and wanted to buy off the shelf rear entertainment system. I found a nice setup that comes with a 6-DVD changer, 2 head rest monitors, wireless headphones and the dvd player also has an aux game input. I'm now searching for a good place to install the DVD changer. Can you suggest a convinient place, the trunk area is too dynamic and the side pocket where the emergency kit is didn't look too appealing. I lifted the second row seats (the dual seats) and there is a black cover underneath, does anyone know what's under there? I didn't bother to remove the screws... Since this is a 6-DVD changer,i won't need to access it that much... any suggestions?

#3 ·
bas_us said:
Just got my GL-450 and wanted to buy off the shelf rear entertainment system. I found a nice setup that comes with a 6-DVD changer, 2 head rest monitors, wireless headphones and the dvd player also has an aux game input. I'm now searching for a good place to install the DVD changer. Can you suggest a convinient place, the trunk area is too dynamic and the side pocket where the emergency kit is didn't look too appealing. I lifted the second row seats (the dual seats) and there is a black cover underneath, does anyone know what's under there? I didn't bother to remove the screws... Since this is a 6-DVD changer,i won't need to access it that much... any suggestions?
the factory RES dvd player goes under the rear passenger seat. pull it apart and install it there.

#5 ·
Hay guys, i found the perfect place for it. The DVD changer is bigger in size than the single DVD player, this is why it was hard to do find a good place for it. BUT!! I found the perfect place, all you do is lift up the cuchin of the dual seat in the second row and you see space right at the back of the 2nd row seat behind the driver. since it is a DVD changer, you can put 6 DVDs and don't have to access it that much, but to if you need to access it you can reach your hand behind the second row seat and pull the magazine out to change the disks. it just sits nice and flat on the floor under the seat. I'm also installing a 600W converter for playstation right bellow the sirrius radio module under the same seat couchin, will run an extension cord and A.V jacks to right under the center seat to connect a play station. I will send you some pics once i've completed the job.

#7 ·
To remove the DVD player (under the rear seat)

Hello nice people,
I am trying to remove the DVD player from underneath the rear seat.
It is not functioning.
May be there are a couple of disc stuck in there.
It would not light up.
I don't know how to remove it.
I have only removed the trim.
your advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.