Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

19 in AMG Wheels

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2003 SL500 and it has 19 in AMG wheels on it. No bolt key was to be found anywhere in the car. The bolts have a unique head pattern. My question is can I purchase a key? This was a 20 piece set. Also, what size do I need to get the right fit, length etc. I am not sure the wheels are seated properly.

#2 ·
If you are referring to the wheel lugs, check with your local MB dealership. They usually carry sets of wheel lug keys that their mechanics use. Usually it's one keyed wheel lug per wheel.
Not sure what you mean by a "20 piece set".
Perhaps, post a pic of your wheels.

#3 ·
I suspect the "20 piece set" means that 5 lugs on each wheel are "wheel locks". That tells me they are aftermarket wheel locks. The few places you want to check around the car include:
- glove box
- ever door pocket
- center console
- trunk
- spare tire well
- tool kit

Make sure you check everywhere, because that will be faster than going to various mechanics and parts stores trying to find a key that fits.

Then there is the "Eric the car guy" YouTube video where he shows you how to hammer a socket on and pray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.