Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

sprinter: toad alarm wiring

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  zx9 
#1 ·
am in the process of have a toad ai606 fitted on my sprinter.
So far everything is ok apart from the door switches!
The alarm wiring needs to be connected to a 'positive' door switch and a 'negative' door switch however both my door switches run on negative, or positive cant remember! This causes the alarm to beep warning me that a door is left open even though it isnt.

As you can tell i'm not all that clued up on electronics so if i've left out any vital info please let me know!
Can anyone shed any light on this problem??

cheers

#2 ·
Hi m8..

The lead going to the door switch should be possitive so obviously make a connection from that to the alarm possitive on the door switch lead.

The switch on the door screws in to the van body & thats where the swtich is getting its ground from. so on the alarms door switch lead requiring a ground connection can connect directly to the van body anywhere you see fit .

#3 ·
JAY1 said:
am in the process of have a toad ai606 fitted on my sprinter.
So far everything is ok apart from the door switches!
The alarm wiring needs to be connected to a 'positive' door switch and a 'negative' door switch however both my door switches run on negative, or positive cant remember! This causes the alarm to beep warning me that a door is left open even though it isnt.

As you can tell i'm not all that clued up on electronics so if i've left out any vital info please let me know!
Can anyone shed any light on this problem??

cheers
Hi, Are you sure it says alarm wiring needs to be connected to a Positive AND a Negative?
Should it not say Positive OR Negative?

You see there is usually TWO different wires, one is used for negative wired door switches, and the other is used for positive wired door switches, in my experience you are supposed to use one or the other, not both.

Re-check what it says in the instructions/wiring diagram, or upload them here and we'll have a look for you.

:thumbsup:

#4 ·
Same alarm - just died -

Hi JAY1 would it be possible to reply here with the instructions for where each colour wire should go please buddy

i would be extremely grateful - my toad on my sprinter was pro fitted so i have no wiring diagram and i can't even find where the fuse goes

knowing what colour does what would be great so i can at least trace and check any fuses and earths.

kindest regards and thanks in advance

adam

:thumbsup:

#5 ·
ok, i think i got the hang of it. Will wait til next sunday as thats when the electric windows are going in so got to pull it all out again.

In the meantime could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post or send me a copy of the wiring diagram for the heater wiring on a 1996 sprinter 312d:D It's absolutly freezing and with no fan my screen mists up whilst driving and my fingers start to go a blueish colour!:p

It seems a wiring loom for the heater got burnt because it was resting on the engine, this has been repaired and still no joy. I know i need to trace and test all wires to it bu it would help to know where all the wires are! cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.