273K views 213 replies 133 participants last post by  woodwardgovernor 
#1 ·
NEED HELP WITH YOUR CDI SPRINTER...DROP ME A LINE

#2 ·
hi got a problem with my 308cdi.fault codes
1)1188 high pressure element shut off
2)1470 boost pressure converter
3)2006 prefeed pressure sensor
ps could all this be linked to leaking inmjectors?got a lot of carbon build up around the injectors!also how do you get the injectors out when they are seized in?made a slide hammer to hook under the injectors and this got two out but other two wont budge!!many thanks chris

#3 ·
As you havent said what the vehicle is doing or not doing.
I presume the vehicle is in limp mode (wont rev over 3000 rpm!
I would suggest removing the pipes and connectors from the boost sensor and clean the connectors and blow the pipes out.
Try reconnecting the the pipes and clearing the fault codes to see if they come up again.
If they do then you will have to replace the sensor & converter. (this is a common fault)
Let me know if you need further Advice, I am not an expert but have 10 of my own and my own diagnostic equip.of which I use to keep them on hte road.

#7 ·
2002 Sprinter 308cdi semi auto

Hi sprint fix i hope you can help this sprinter has had both lo & high pressure pumps replaced 3 new injectors and has no fault codes boost pressure and rail pressure is ok compression is even fuel variation is even will rev 4000rpm but wont pull up a hill but goes well on the flat scan tool is a bosch kts 520 starts and runs well.
Regards jva63.:surrender:

#8 ·
Hi we have a 2000 sprinter 313 cdi, which reading posts has gone into limp mode no rev over 3000k,can we just buy boost sensor and fit as this seems most likely cause or do we need to have fault codes read and reset as the could be some other cause, it's just only place local charges £65 alone just to diagnose and can not fit in for a week.

Thanks
for any replies

#10 ·
Hi,
Thanks for reply, that is only independant workshop, i dont expect it for free but that is just to read code, no part of charge towards labour to fix etc.It was just if we could find out for sure and fit whatever part we needed ourselves without the wait or silly reading charge.

#11 ·
Sounds high for reading the codes, our MB shop does not ask that much. Reading the codes was silly only if you can be sure about the faulty part otherwise. If you aren't, then you easily end up swapping good parts and spend even more money and time.

If you are sure it is one of the two, the car should start working fine without codes cleared. But it would be good to have the codes cleared anyway to help diagnosis next time, you would have a stored fault that may confuse diagnosis next time.

#14 ·
hi can you please help
I have a 313 2003reg and I keep getting air in the brakes I have put a new master cylinder on and there is no leaks I can find "looked over it about 20 times” does not lose any fluid when I bleed the brakes I get a ton of air out of rear drivers side takes about 5secounds to reach bleed nipple .when I bleed the brakes the pedal is spot on and then just goes down hill till there is nun left I have dun this 10 times all I can think is air is getting in the abs pump some how
can you please help
I cant seam to find a s/h one with the same code on it and I don’t really wont to buy a new one for £1300

#17 ·
Hi there just bought a 02 311 cdi and driving it i have noticed that it dosnt really boost till about 2,800 rpm but goes like mad after that. If i hit a hill it just dies in fifth and if i drive it and rev it out in every gear it ok. If i dont there dosnt seem to be the torque to pull it unloaded as well. I put my scanner on ot and got two heater plug light codes which it stays on about 1 min after start and goes out. Also P1470 code is this boost control sensor on the left hand side on the hose? Would this make it drive like this or is that the way these drive? I was also thinking about remapping to bring it up to 130-140bhp?? Anybody done this? Thanks in advance

#19 ·
hope you dont mind??

i know you said sprinter but i got a baby sprinter Vito 110 cdi year 2000
do you know what this fault code means
P1636 and p0600...
i just done the head gasket on her (dont mean just, it took me about 3 weeks??)
had 1 injector recon and it blowing out black smoke THICK.
had it plugged in last night and they where the only codes to come up..and something to do with high pressure sensor which i have now changed..and still black smoke. any help ...thanks in advance mate
ian

#20 ·
year 2000 313 cdi

hi all
can any one help,central locking and elec window on ns door stopped working have replaced loom in door but still no action backlight on the switch on drivers door is missing just on ns switch and no red led on central locking switch.....did have wierd problem with not starting until major pumping of brake pedal then you heard a click and all was ok this prob never returned
:confused:

#21 ·
Please can any help I have just strugled back from Romania in LIMP MODE now i have read the the threads I now before I tri the only thing I did was change the brake light bulb but i never imagined it could of caused so much gref, but i also have another prob when i start driving power steering is grand after doing 2/300 mile the steering becomes very hard to turn if I stop for a while then start again its normal then it becomes hard again Please does any one have any help.. Thank you Jo

#23 ·
Need Help Sprinter 313 Injector Carbon Buildup

Hi

Every 10,000 Km or so, severe carbon buildup occurs around the injector seats on all the cylinders. Seems like there is substantial pressure leak through the injector.

Last time seals were replaced and injectors properly fitted, yet solid carbon buildup again. Diesel used is of good quality and don't have problems with other vehicles. Perhaps a badly designed clamp system that holds the injector in place? Vehicle reaches a point where it doesn't start because pressure leak through the injector seal. Is it possible that the wrong size seal is being used. Parts are always bought directly from MB Agents.

Help
Chris

#24 ·
SPRINTER 313CDI 2.2 TURBO

Hi, I have a 2005 MB Sprinter 313cdi 2.2 Turbo that has recently developed a start/stall problem. If the van is parked for 10 hours or more and you try to start it it starts as normal but then stalls. Then you need to crank it for about 30 to 40 seconds and it sounds like it wants to go and finally starts and runs as normal. If I start it any time less than about 10 hours it starts every time an continues to run. It has done 35,000 km and had the fuel filter replaced (after this problem arose)
To me it seems like the fuel is syphoning back to the tank. There are no visible fuel leaks.
Any Ideas? Richo1953

#159 ·
Hi, I have a 2005 MB Sprinter 313cdi 2.2 Turbo that has recently developed a start/stall problem. If the van is parked for 10 hours or more and you try to start it it starts as normal but then stalls. Then you need to crank it for about 30 to 40 seconds and it sounds like it wants to go and finally starts and runs as normal. If I start it any time less than about 10 hours it starts every time an continues to run. It has done 35,000 km and had the fuel filter replaced (after this problem arose)
To me it seems like the fuel is syphoning back to the tank. There are no visible fuel leaks.
Any Ideas? Richo1953

I have a 2003 311 cdi sprinter with same problem had it into sprinter guy month ago found split o ring on fuel filter all was fine but it has started again getting bit annoying now

#25 ·
sprinter start stall Richo1953

SPRINTFIX

Hi again mate, well the guys at the shop found a faulty o ring and low pressure fuel return line on my sprinter which was alowing fuel to drain back to the tank.
They have put another o ring on the pipe and ordered a new fuel line. I'll let you know what happens when they put the new one on.
Regards Richo1953:)

#26 ·
I am in the process of swaping a 2003 2.7 from a sprinter(us-dodge) into a 93 land rover defender110. I have the engine in the rover made an adapter to run the rover trans. But I am having a little trouble with the ECU and harness. If anyone knows someone that can custom build harness/ECU(stand alone or mod stock) please let me know. I can make it work but I have a deadline to meet and my brains do not measure up to the time left. If I can make this into a stand alone system there is a growing market here in the states for these sprinter engine swaps. Thanks for any help. Lee

#27 ·
Sprinter Start Stall Richo1953

Last Friday 23rd May I had my Sprinter 313 into the Benz workshop to find out why it was starting then stalling. They found a faulty O ring on the low pressure return line to the tank and a faulty line. As they didn't have a new line in stock to keep me going they put in a new o ring and ordered a new line yet to be fitted. So far the Benz hasn't missed a beat starts every time and keeps running. So it seems that the fuel was syphoning back to the tank as I suspected. It amazes me that one Benz Service Centre found the problem and anothe didn't. But that's life I guess.
Bye for now
Mike (Richo 1953)

#28 ·
311 Limp Mode

We have three 311 CDI's ranging from a W plate to an O2, two of them have a habit of dropping into limp mode if being worked 'hard' - by hard I mean carrying about 1 tonne and driving for about 6 hours.

On one of them if you simply switch the engine off and back on the engine reverts to its normal state and works fine, on the other you have to switch off, give it about 30 minutes and then restart and all is OK

Does anyone have any thoughts - in the current climate running them into MB for a diagnostics check is not top of list of things to do

Cheers

#30 ·
2.7L cdi

I have a 2003 2.7L Sprinter turbo diesel engine that I placed into a 93 Landrover defender 110 two months ago. It has the wiring harness and ECU from the sprinter but the trans and everything else belongs to the rover. It cranks and runs good just is very weak and will only run 60 mph. I am assuming it is in Limpmode. I do not have a local dealer or have access to a scanner to pull the codes. But my thought is that it does not see the trans/speed sensor or gear selector and sends it to limp mode. Is there someone that can reflash the ECU to disable the limp mode? I know that will be removing the safty limits but would be the most pradical way to fix this problem. Any help would be welcome. Thanks, Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.