Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MB Extended warranty pricing

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  thomgonzales 
#1 ·
I'm considering shopping for an extended warranty. I'd rather go with MB. Wha should I expect to pay for 2 year 90 or 100K. My car has 48k now.

#2 ·
I received some contradictory information on whether or whether not I could buy the Mercedes extended warranty. One dealer said yes, while another said no, because the car already had a Mercedes CPO warranty. I'm still not sure who was correct.

Nevertheless, I purchased an exclusionary policy from Fidelity Warranty Service--Mercedes of Chicago's preferred provider. (If you don't know already, do yourself a favor by briefly researching the various policies types available.) The policy I purchased offers 4 years/48k miles coverage on everything not specifically excluded.

It cost $3,800. But remember, regardless of what they offer, negotiate. I feel that I left some money on the table--as saying goes--since the dealer quickly took my initial negotiation counter-anchor.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll answer the question anyway. Was the warranty worth it? In a word: Yes. First, it has been honored every time, and, although technically it requires a $250 deductible, my dealer agreed to waive the deductible (in writing) provided that they service the car. They've honored the waiver at each service. (Before moving back to beer marketing, I was a civil litigator and was shocked that a dealer would change contract terms, especially in an insurance policy, and to do so in writing. I'm not sure they'll ever to it again as the first three services have already cost them $750 profit.) Second, in the first six months, the warranty is well on its way to paying for itself.

In conclusion, I'm not exactly sure what a Mercedes extended warranty costs. But, given my experience, I'd imagine that 4/48 should cost somewhere around $3,500 or less and will pay for itself in the long term. Hopefully this posting helps you.

Best of luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.