Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What can you alter with the R class using star diagnostics and some other questions

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  houseofdiesel 
#1 · (Edited)
So what can the dealer alter on the r class with their equipement? Can they change steering settings (is the pump calibrated?) to firm up steering effort?
Can they change air suspension calibration front to rear? I find my rear suspension just a bit soft vs the front (have airmatic dc with adjustable shock settings) when you follow the car you see the rear end really moves up and down over bumps, very comfortable but a bit much for my liking. If you put a lot of weight in the rear it seems to overwhelm the susension too, like it needs more air pressure. It does not loose pressure when sitting. I like running it in sport mode but it is too much for the majority of Quebec highways, so normal it is but too soft out back.
What the hell does that the S or C for the transmission do? I cannot tell any difference between the settings...it always shift at 2000rpm or so and no difference in the quality of shifts or downshifts. Is it XX milli seconds faster shifts or responds to throtle XX milli seconds faster? I cannot tell the difference!
Can they turn off the daytime running lights (canadian model), I HATE THIS feature, the hid lights always on no control when parked or with key power simply stupid! I light up my neighbours house everytime I park and they don't turn off for 3 minutes when in park. I like to idle down a minute and apparently make sure he wakes up at night when I do! Also annoying to use up the battery when engine is not running. Why is there a park light feature if they headlights are always on?
What about the climate control, can the default setting be a/c compressor off rather then pushing the button everytime I turn it on?
I figured out some of the stuff that annoyed me like always north setting for the map/nav so I stopped getting lost when hitting traffic and taking alternate routes not really knowing which way was what as I glanced at the screen and setting the language from french to english.
Thanks for any input, Greg

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.