Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New Owner of R320CDI!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  thomgonzales 
#1 ·
Hello
Awaiting delivery of a *new to me* 2008 R320CDI cpo...with extended warranty! Looking forward to the comfort and performance on long drives!

Hope I can contribute to the forum!

#6 ·
Having the warranty doesn't mean it will not need fixing...I meant I have not found a dealer or indie that I am happy with warranty or not. I have had serious issues with my smart cdi that a certain dealer in Ottawa told me to go away, it has sat at another dealer now since oct 11 2011 trying to get fixed (water leaks).
I was also really turned off by many dealers when I was trying to buy a used R320, I ended up at a used car lot because they had one in much better shape then any of the 12 Mercedes dealers I went to looking! They were selling repainted vehicles or knew nothing about the history of the vehicle, even though it was "star certified"!

#7 ·
Reed valve
With an extended warranty you should be OK, particularly if it is an MB factory warranty.
For information Google the following: "Mercedes-Benz Class Action Settlement Of Class Action Lawsuit Over Mercedes-Benz S-Class W220 and Mercedes-Benz CL-Class W215 Reed Valve Water Leakage"
Note that this law suit was in California and the W251 was not initially involved, but the R series has the same air intake design, and serious water damage can occur if the air intake overflows into the car.
It literally takes minutes to check that the air intake is not plugged. Open the hood and look at the air intake box located on the LHS of the firewall. look inside with a flashlight and the box should be clean and dry. If there is any water in the box, remove the mesh cover and use a shop vac to remove water/sediment.
I would be interested to know if the air intake check is in the service schedule and if your local MB service center is aware of the possibility. I believe that MB USA have this in their service schedules, but don't know about MB Canada.

#9 ·
I got my R in June this year, just starting to research what to do with it now that I have spent some time in it and about 17000kms already. It is a highway monster, just loves to cruise.
There are a few around eastern Ontario, I see another red/burgandy one as mine is, a green one and a gold one often. If ones comes up for sale in Ottawa it is usually sold to southern Ontario customers, few stay in the region.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.