Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

should i go for a R?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kevinchung 
#1 ·
I have a W164 2006. A lot of problem! So i am going to change a new car, seem not many car can choose, should i go for a new R?
kevin

#2 ·
Are you willing to bet that the '06 problems are ironed out by '12?

Others may be able to advise better than I, but don't the W251 and W164 share the same platform and I imagine many of the same components and probably also the same problems? If so, the question may be would you chance a current ML given your problematic history? What I don't know is whether '06 was merely the troublesome first year and the various problems were ironed out by '12.

#4 ·
Multiple sources I have read indicates that MB's in 2012 should be much better than the '06s. 2006 was the tail end of MB coming out of a huge quality crisis (of their own doing) that began in the late 90s. They have admitted publicly what a mistake that was and have really been working to improve quality in recent years. They will still be very expensive to repair though so an extended warranty is probably wise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.